A leading supplier of sealing solutions to the aerospace industry with their products used in almost every major aircraft program, commonly specified by leading aircraft manufacturers and OEM customers as sealing solutions on a wide range of critical applications, including Airframes, Engines, Flight Controls and Actuation, Landing Gear, Wheels and Brakes.
With tightening regulatory demands imposed by the NADCAP framework, a controlled environment was required for end of line production and packaging of critical composite components, this would be a new self-supporting modular structure that would be housed within a new extension of the clients existing manufacturing site.
An ISO8 cleanroom designed, installed, cleaned, commissioned and validated by Guardtech built to the following specification:
- Structural: GT Shell Plus PIR Wall Panels, Double Glazed Units, GT Access Max Rapid Roll Doors on Materials Interlock, GT Access Pro GRP Doors on Change Room, GT Deck Pro ESD Vinyl Floor Capped & Coved, GT Lid Pro Ceiling Grid & Tiles
- Electrical: 13-amp Power and Cat 5e Network flush mounted sockets containment buried within the PIR wall panels in channels and housed in basket in the plenum. Door Interlock system with traffic light indicators, 3Ph sockets for process equipment. LED Lighting providing 500 lux at bench level.
- Mechanical: VRV high level Split System ducted to a plenum housing Fan Filter Units with H14 HEPA’s mounted in the ceiling grid, low level return air columns ducted back to the return air side of the VRF. Central Vacuum System with Transair pipework ring main and wall mounted drops with fitting for equipment connections.
- Monitoring: Environmental Monitoring System including temperature, humidity and pressure sensors fed back to CF21R compliant Software, with in room LCD Displays.
- Furniture: Bespoke Trespa Benches and under bench Cabinets, Ergonomic Cleanroom Chairs, Stainless Stepover Bench, Stainless Waste Sack Holders, Mirror,
Truly this was a very simple project, a new factory extension with plenty of floor space and height permitting for a design without imposed restrictions and allowing the installation team plenty of space to carry out construction and store materials….. a rare beast indeed!
“In the past year I have worked very closely alongside Guardtech on the design, installation and set-up of our Cleanroom at our manufacturing plant.
During our cooperation I was continuously amazed by the experience and customer focus that Guardtech provided as well as the structural approach and organisational skills of the team. Personally, I really like the honest communication and project management style that they adopt which made me feel confident about the project delivery throughout.
Guardtech as a company showed a high level of professionalism and a customer focus and the project ran very smoothly. Therefore, I would strongly recommend Guardtech as a Cleanroom supplier.” Wioleta Rolewska - Materials & NPI Engineer
Case Studies Explore Other Projects
- Digital Printing
- Injection Moulding
- Medical Device
- Micro Electronics